We recognize that parents have many concerns sending their children to school during COVID-19. We want to reassure you that we will be taking every necessary precaution to help prevent the spread of viruses in our classrooms.
Celebration Preschool has taken into consideration the recommendations put in place by the CDC, the Department of Education, the local health department, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and our own policies and procedures to mitigate the risks of COVID-19 while children are in our care.
Below is a list of procedures which we will implement as we work together in keeping the the children safe and healthy.
- Classrooms will be professionally cleaned every day. Teachers will be supplied with daily cleaning products to ensure rooms are properly cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- Classrooms will be equipped with HEPA Air Purifiers.
- The HVAC will be regularly services and filters changed on a regular basis.
- If a case of COVID is reported in the preschool the classrooms and building will be Decon fogged and the HVAC filters will be changed along with the filters on the HEPA Air Purifiers.
- Children will wash their hands regularly throughout the day and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building to be used as needed.
- The children will be taught the importance of coughing and sneezing into their elbow where droplets can be caught which greatly reduces the ejection of infectious germs.
- Our sick policy has been updated stating that a child must be free of a fever, vomiting or diarrhea for 48 hours before returning to school (not medicated).
- Our learning resources will be rotated and cleaned/disinfected to remove germs after use.
- Each child will have their own art supplies.
- Drop-off and pick-up will be in the Narthex, Welcome Center, and Historic Chapel.
- All staff will be health-screened and temperature-checked each morning.
- Children will be health-screened and temperature-checked at drop-off.
- Children are not required to wear a mask. However, if you would like your child to wear one we will certainly support your decision. We recommend that you speak to your child regarding your expectations regarding mask wearing and have your child practice wearing a mask for an extended period of time.
- All parents will be required to wear a mask at drop-off and pick-up.
- All teachers will wear a mask during the school day.
Given the evolving public health situation, these policies and procedures will be updated as needed.